Planning & Zoning Office
Planning & Zoning Staff work in tandem with the Building Office and Engineering Office to discuss, plan and permit projects. Whether you are a new landowner or a developer, our staff is committed to exceptional customer service by helping you bring your project to fruition.
The Office of Planning & Zoning reviews and permits land use development though the administration of the Pulaski County Unified Development Ordinance. This Ordinance establishes zoning requirements, identifies permitted uses by zone district and it defines the requirements to subdivide or amend parcel boundaries.
Citizens can look up a Pulaski County Zone District by accessing the Pulaski County GIS. Once a zone district is determined, the Unified Development Ordinance provides zoning guidelines based on the Zone District. The incorporated towns of Pulaski and Dublin administer their own land use ordinances. The Town offices should be consulted for development within the town limits.
The Pulaski County Planning Commission and the Pulaski County Board of Supervisors are involved in specific types of land use reviews and approvals, such as rezone and special use permit applications. The Pulaski County Board of Zoning Appeals are involved in the review of zoning appeals and zoning variances. Information about these public bodies and the role they play in land use planning can be found in this office or by reviewing the Pulaski County Unified Development Ordinance. The Pulaski County Comprehensive Plan guides the county's visions, goals and objectives.
Planning & Zoning Applications & Fees
Online Permitting Now Available
For your convenience you may now also apply for your permits online through our online plan review and permitting system.
Information on Registering and Using the Citizen Self Service Permitting System:
If you have any questions or need more information please call the Planning & Zoning Department at 980-7710
- Zoning Fee Table
- Appeal of Zoning Administrator
- Rezone/Future Land Use Map Amendment
- Sign Permit Application
- Site Development - Zoning Application
- Special Use Permit Application
- Subdivision Review Application
- Subdivision Variance Application
- Zoning Variance Application
- New Structure Zoning Permit Application
- Dock Permit Application
- No Wake Buoy Application
- Change in Use Permit Application
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- Complaint Policy and Form
The Planning Commission (PC) consists of seven members appointed by the Pulaski County Board of Supervisors. The PC is responsible for reviewing and providing recommendations to the Board of Supervisors on Special Use Permits, Rezoning requests, amendments to the zoning and subdivision regulations, and modifications to the Comprehensive Plan. The PC is also responsible for overseeing County-wide planning efforts that are intended to help guide Pulaski County’s growth in a responsible manner. The PC meets monthly in accordance to the adopted meeting calendar.
Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) consists of five members appointed by the Pulaski County Circuit Court. The BZA is responsible for hearing and deciding on Appeals and Variance requests. The BZA meets monthly, as needed, in accordance with the adopted meeting calendar.
Pulaski County Comprehensive Plan
Comprehensive Plan by Section
- Solar Installation Information for Pulaski County
- Code of Virginia
- Floodplains and the National Flood Insurance Program
- New River Valley Regional Commission
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Virginia Department of Health - Environmental Services
- Virginia Department of Transportation - Christiansburg Residency Office
- VDOT Land Developers Information Center
- Census QuickFacts for Pulaski County